Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Janice Young
Dr. Janice Young, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Young is affiliated with Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Anaheim Memorial Medical Center and Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Janice Young has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Sometimes doctors DO need to LISTEN to their patients. I feel this doctor, who I have seen 4-5 times now and it is still the same - is "rushed." There is no doubt she is BRILLIANT. She just needs a little help with the bedside manner. I tried to talk and felt like I was "rushed along" this after waiting an UNHEARD OF (for me anyway) 45 minutes in her waiting room. I have NEVER, EVER had a doctor be that late. Also if a doctor ever was late the doctor or staff gave apology. In this case? None. So combine that with poor bedside manner and it's not cool. I gave her 5 chances too because I do think she's brilliant but I don't know what it is. Bad morning? Issues at home lol? But I think I've been lucky with good doctors who are patient, don't rush, and listen to me. I must say as she got to know me better and vice versa, it wasn't so bad but it still is not what I prefer. BUT different strokes for different folks. Even though there is this feeling of "rush" in the air I will say she does spend time with each patient. I just wish she'd listen a bit more. Hey, even doctors well into their profession can get a note or two.. yes?
Dr. Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
36 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Janice Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions401 Old Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janice Young in this video.
Dr. Janice Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.