Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jann Johnston
Dr. Jann Johnston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethel Park, PA, with another office in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnston is affiliated with UPMC South Side, Saint Clair Memorial Hospital and UPMC Passavant Cranberry. She speaks English.
Dr. Jann Johnston has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gestational Diabetes
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I simply can't say enough good things about Dr. Johnston. She is a fantastic endocrinologist. She always takes time to explain treatment solutions to me in as much detail as I ask for. She is a great educator about the entire scope of diabetes. Dr. Johnston has excellent bedside manners, I always feel that she genuinely cares about me and my health. Many times she will recommend practical day-to-day solutions to help me manage my condition. Her office staff is professional, caring, and courteous. I always leave her office happier, healthier, and more positive than when I entered.
Dr. Johnston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UPMC South Side
Saint Clair Memorial Hospital
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Mercy Jeannette Hospital
St. Clair Hospital
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Jefferson Regional Medical Center
34 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Jann Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jann Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethel Park, PA.