Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacqueline L Akey MD
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Wayne, IN, with another office in Fort Wayne, IN. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Akey is affiliated with Lutheran Hospital and Parkview Hospital Randallia. She speaks English.
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
A wonderful family doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jacqueline L Akey - Posted on October 1st, 2010
Dr. Akey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Ft Wayne Med Educ Prog
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jacqueline L Akey, MD - Family Medicine in Fort Wayne, IN, in this video.
Dr. Jacqueline L Akey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.