Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jared R Helms has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jared R Helms has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jared R Helms has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
It's hard to find a Doctor who cares about his patients as much as Dr Helms. He treats my 80 year old mother who has COPD and I have been extremely impressed at his skills, bedside manner and professionalism. He is very patient and actually listens to her. I would highly recommend him. The only area I would say needs improvement is at the phone/reception department. When you call the office, it can be very frustrating. The wait times have exceeded 25 minutes multiple times and calls have been disconnected on their end several times as well however this doesn't reflect on the Doctor.
Dr. Helms has been terrific to my mother who had congestive heart failure. He has excellent beside manners and presents the impression of really caring for his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable in all areas of internal medicine, but yet has common sense and compassion that becomes necessary in helping the elderly. I really appreciate what he has done for my mother would highly recommend Dr. Helms to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Helms is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2006
Millcreek Community Hospital
Dr. Jared R Helms accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Lukes Internal Medicine, 2550 Addison Ave E Ste E, Twin Falls, ID
Dr. Jared R Helms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Twin Falls, ID.