Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jason B Amato
Dr. Jason B Amato, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason B Amato has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Jason B Amato has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Jason B Amato has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jason B Amato is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I am a 63 year old man, who had pre-cancerous lesions on my scalp and forehead for a few years. I put off seeing a dermatologist, fearing the chemical peel procedure. After deciding to proceed, my family doctor referred me to Dr. Amato. I met with Dr. Amato, and was surprised that he recommended cryosurgery (freezing) for the lesions. I agreed, and the procedure was successfully completed in a few minutes. The treated lesions disappeared in 5-6 days. Incredible! I found Dr. Amato and his staff warm, friendly, and competent. Recommended.
I can only say after taking my 21yr. old for 2 years now that if you saw his face you would see why I complain. The unfortunate thing is instead of seeing Dr. Amato, but once, we are always given Jennifer the assisant who has not been helpful at all. If another office gives me more medicine that requires a phone number for a code number to give the pharmacy I will scream. I think these drs. and assts. should try the numbers, get the numbers and call the pharmacies themselves. After 2 yrs. I will definitely be changing drs. Too long and no help.
I have been seeing Dr. Amato for a few years and love him. He is thourough, kind, and gentle. I thought I had a cyst and turned out to be skin cancer. I'm very thankful for him. The front desk staff is another story, completely rude! If I didn't like Dr. Amato so much the front desk would push me away, especially the lady greeter.
21 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jason B Amato accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJason B Amato Md, 522 N New Ballas Rd Ste 203, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Jason B Amato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.