The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason B Fleming has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Medullary Carcinoma)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Although I know most professionals ignore these websites since there are always people who are apparently quick to condemn at the first inconvenience. I went to MD Anderson without any preconceptions and simply on the basis that the pancreatic people were rated the best in the world (diagnosis, surgery, low post-op infection rate, etc). I was not disappointed. Dr. Fleming, his personal crew, and the entire MD Anderson staff exceeded all my expectations. I am in the 3rd week after surgery and gaining steam. Between my wife and I, we must have spoken to two dozen people about their case, satisfaction, etc. Without exception, all were happy with Dr. Fleming and the outcome of their particular case. Now, because of the volume they handle, the various clinics sometimes required a long wait. That seemed OK for me since the others there also had problems like me and the staff were trying to take as many cases as possible. With these complex surgeries, your likelihood of a successful outcome is almost directly proportional to the number of routines they perform. For me, give me professionals like Dr Fleming and a busy, busy office where they are doing lots of what I needed. Recommend them without reservation.
28 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Jason B Fleming accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMoffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Usf Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason B Fleming in this video.
Dr. Jason B Fleming is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.