Dr. Jason Balette Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jason Balette?

Posted on August 2nd, 2016

This was in 2010. I was 16. I'm currently 22. I had to go to the hospital due to very painful stomach cramps I have had for the past two days, and he was the doctor assigned. He asked if I have ever had sex. I told him no, and I had not. He asked in front of my Father so I was a bit embaressed about answering. What teenager wouldn't be? He did not ask me again privately past this point. I made sure to emphasize I was most certainly a virgin. He didn't believe me, and became very condescending. Instead he assumed I had an STD and forced me to do a painful enema. Somehow this would demonstrate if I had an STD or not. The staff were very courteous and horrified he opted for this method rather than doing a catscan... I had the nurse performing the enema apologize several times "I have no idea why he's doing this, I'm so sorry." It was *extremely* painful. I was also suspected of possibly having appendicitus and doing an enama can cause the appendix to burst. The enema clearly showed I had appendicitus. I am still not sure how the enema demonstrated I had no STDs... And once again, a catscan would have painlessly showed I had appendicitus as well. The surgery went well. I was perscribed hydrocortosone for the pain which made me sick. My Dad called him to request something else, and Dr. Balette responded that I was obviously trying to "milk them," I assume it was implied I was trying to get drugs. I still don't know what set this surgeon off. I have always heard good things about him. I don't believe he was just in a "bad mood," either since his odd assertions of me did not end the the day of surgery, but also continued post op. I'm not even sure why he labeled and assumed the worst of me, like he did. This whole encounter obviously still bothers me until today. The experience was far more traumatizing than it needed to be, and I'm not sure what reasoning Dr. Balette had behind it.

On time surgery

Posted on March 18th, 2013

Posted on March 2nd, 2011

Fabulous surgeon, great bedside manner and follow up

Posted on March 24th, 2009

Dr. Balette is amazing! He actually saved my daughters life after a severe car accident. Forever greatful.

Posted on November 26th, 2017