Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason A Black
Dr. Jason A Black, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Murrieta, CA, with another office in Murrieta, CA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Black is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Black has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason A Black has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jason A Black has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jason A Black has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jason A Black is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Iâve seen Dr. Black for close to 10 visits. Each time He has shown great interest in my condition and listens to my explanations and concerns. He takes time with meâperhaps averaging 15-20 minutes a visit, which according to reviews of other doctors is almost unheard of. He is very personable and not at all condescending. The last visit was for a fair amount of pressure in my temple that had lasted 3 days and I was concerned it might be an aneurysm about to happen. After explaining this to his receptionist, I was immediately scheduled for a visit that happened within hours of my call. This was on a Friday when most diagnostic offices would be closing. He scheduled a STAT CT Scan which was done on Saturday. That came back negative and he then scheduled an MRI, which also came back negative. All of that to say that he took my complaints and symptoms seriously and acted promptly on what might have been a critical situation.
I saw dr. black one time. the diagnosis was totally wrong. Getting a phone appointment was like pulling hens teeth and follow up did not exist. I have changed doctors immediately. He told me I had trapped gas, when it was Emergency at Temecula valley hospital that found I had a grapefruit sized tumer in my colon & it was cancerous.
No complaints about Dr. Black and his office staff. The low rating is due to his P.A. Sharon Mertins, who is likely the person you will see if you need an immediate appointment. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day, but her bedside manner was terrible. She comes across as cold and unconcerned about the patient, almost as if I was wasting her time. She also did not follow up with my results as promised. Very disappointed in this addition to an otherwise great staff!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Black is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Jason A Black accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jason A Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murrieta, CA.