Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason J Bofinger has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Infectious Disease
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
Showing 2 of 2
Where does one begin? He listens and considers the patient a person and member of his team - not just someone he treats. He is thorough (visits are NOT rushed!), analytic, down to earth, kind. He reminds me of the country docs in days gone by - but yet is located in a major city, and affiliated with an Ivy League Hospital. One cannot go wrong with this doctor.
Wow! After searching for a remedy for an infection among other physicians, I finally threw in the towel and looked for an infectious disease specialist, locating Dr. Bofinger. Holy cow! What a find! He LISTENS, understands, is compassionate, funny, and he's not afraid to judicially treat! Dr. Bofinger an absolute gem. And, as an Ivy League medical school grad (yep... I checked), he surely 'knows his stuff'. Of course, once my infection is remedied, I hope not to require his services again (in some ways, it saddens me that he's not an internist.. I'd make him my regular doctor), but I surely know he is there if the need arises again for myself, anyone in my family, or my friends. Don't hesitate to seek his services. The man is nothing short of top notch -- all the way around!
Dr. Bofinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Temple University Health System
Dr. Jason J Bofinger accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBuckley Braffman And Stern Medical Associates, 301 S 8th St Ste 1B, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Jason J Bofinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.