Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jason E Hershberger has the following 2 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jason E Hershberger has the following 15 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Jason E Hershberger has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jason E Hershberger is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I've been seeing Dr. Hershberger regularly for the past year. He is a wonderful psychiatrist and I recommend him highly to anyone who is looking for someone to help them develop into a better version of themselves. He is honest and knows how to communicate in a way that is meaningful to me and gets to the root of issues. Having suffered from depression and addiction issues, I needed someone who could combine medical knowledge with being simultaneously kind and firm.
Dr. Hershberger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1998
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Jason E Hershberger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsLong Island College Hospital, 97 Amity St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason E Hershberger, MD - Psychiatry in Brooklyn, NY, in this video.
Dr. Jason E Hershberger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.