Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason B Hitner has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jason B Hitner has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jason B Hitner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I am being honest. We have since moved all of our children out of his practice. He often rushes through, you can see that he is agitated about having to answer questions. He is very rude to his staff which is clearly visible from the waiting area. I could deal with all of these things if he should genuine care for my children. For many years he only had one nurse to handle everything. Finally, for a brief period, he hired a nurse practitioner who was excellent, but was subsequently let go for unknown reasons. Now he has hired another doctor to join his practice, but we left shortly prior to his arrival. He has two locations, one for well visits and one for sick children. Often the two are mixed depending on where he is, and appointments are triple booked causing hour long waits to see the doctor. I would be very wary before using this pediatrician.
My 6 month old fell out of her swing and broke her leg a few years back. I have to say Dr. Hitner was exceptional in putting my mind at ease and helping me with this problem. I felt comfortable with him and his staff. Everytime I call I get an apointment without fail. I hear so many people say when their kids are sick it takes forever to get a sick visit appointment in other practices. Nurse Julie is amazing. She is patient, kind and friendly. She is a new Mom and helps with tips to me all the time when I am there. Without being judgemental or pushy. One issue is sometimes I feel rushed with Dr. Hitner himself. He is also kind and friendly but wish he would just take a little more time. I recommend this practice.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
21 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jason B Hitner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllied Pediatrics Of New York Pllc, 925 Deer Park Ave, North Babylon, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason B Hitner in this video.
Dr. Jason B Hitner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Babylon, NY.