Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason R Ladwig
Dr. Jason R Ladwig, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kalamazoo, MI. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Ladwig is affiliated with Borgess Medical Center. Dr. Ladwig has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason R Ladwig has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Ladwig pays attention to what you have to say about your condition. He is very thorough in considering your history ( he actually reads all the reports you bring in from past doctors!), asks good questions and LISTENS. Would that all doctor's took this kind of time, being so thorough and thoughtful!
Great doctor, spent almost an hour with me explaining my condition. Went over all the concerns I had and made me feel at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone with a pulmonary disease. Staff was great as well. Mary the nurse has a great way with patients and Kathy the check in person was very pleasant and funny. Overall a great experience.
Dr Ladwig is a great doctor he even caught my heart problem when the heart doctors said nothing was wrong.. he sits with me till i totally understand very polite cares he talk directly to my heart doctor right when i am with either one of them so everybody makes the right choices for my care, i drive about an hour from home to see him and would go farther if had to.
Dr. Ladwig is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jason R Ladwig accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBorgess Pulmonary, 1535 Gull Rd Ste 130, Kalamazoo, MI
Dr. Jason R Ladwig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kalamazoo, MI.