Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason R Lupton
Dr. Jason R Lupton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Lupton is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Coronado Hospital. Dr. Lupton has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason R Lupton has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Jason R Lupton has the following 13 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Laser Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Hair Removal
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Jason R Lupton has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Lupton had treated me for dermatology issues, as well as for cosmetic issues. He is highly educated, extremely kind, had a great bedside matter, and is fairly conservative in the cosmetic portion of his practice. I've sent two friend, bother of whom had serious dermatological issues, to Dr. Lupton. They were extremely impressed with his ability to diagnose and treat quickly.
Dr. Lupton appears to be a sole practitioner who does not have any licensed medical professionals working at his office. He has someone working on patients for medium skin peels who works completely independently. The front office staff who are not licensed medical people are your only source of answers to *medical* questions. Patients are given medium face peels without any consultation or review of background. This appears to be a cash cow for this sole practitioner at the expense of patient care. I had a major allergic reaction to one of the skin peel products and could not obtain the names of the chemicals for one week despite several inquiries. At the beginning of the peel procedure I stated that I had asthma when presented with a strong smelling chemical, but that comment was dismissed as if I was wasting the precious time in the 10 minutes you have for the procedure. It is a skin peel mill and cosmetic dermatology office is run by people who are no medical professionals at any level. However, one or more apparently works out of the office without oversight or concern by the doctor. I would not go to this provider for any reason or any condition. I don't believe it's safe and I don't believe there is even marginal concern for patients health. I was in the medical profession at one time and would never make a negative comment about anyone in the profession unless I felt that it was an obligation to warn the public. That is the case with this cosmetic procedure mill, in my opinion.
Highly skilled professional with a reliable aesthetic. He will look at your problem and honestly tell you what procedure will or will not work for you. I went in asking for a procedure that he said wouldn't be in my best interest. He did not take advantage of me. Instead, he offered a minimal procedure that I am totally happy with.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Lupton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Jason R Lupton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJason Robert Lupton Md, 12395 El Camino Real Ste 117, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason R Lupton in this video.
Dr. Jason R Lupton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.