Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian J Maclurg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Brian J Maclurg has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Brian J Maclurg has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 17
I had talk therapy with Dr. MacLurg regarding alcohol abuse issues for about a year. After getting sober, I primarily used him as the prescriber for my antidepressants. I recently switched antidepressants with his assistance, and when I began to have anxiety, he prescribed me Ativan. Not knowing what Ativan was, I took it. Dr. MacLurg did not disclose the massive abuse potential inherent in Ativan. I spent the next week abusing it and am now working with a different doctor to deal with the dependency effects. Dr. MacLurg was slow to return my calls in this time of crisis - one call wasn't returned at all, and it took him 9 hours to return an emergency call. I'm angry with the doctor for prescribing me a benzodiazepine while knowing my addictive history, and I'm very upset with him for failing to return my call. I no longer trust him.
MANY YEARS, MANY THERAPISTS, HE'S THE BEST I'VE EVER FOUND.
35 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Community Medical Center
Dr. Brian J Maclurg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsW Allen Hume Phd Inc Ps, 22517 7th Ave S, Des Moines, WA
Dr. Brian J Maclurg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, WA.