Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason S Mckenzie has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I'm very upset after the last few visits with this doctor and I won't be returning. I went over a year ago because I had a persistent cough. He spent two minutes with me and wrote me a prescription for cough medicine without much of a diagnosis or explanation for the cough syrup prescription. I also asked if there were vitamins he recommended I take to help boost my immune system. He was very short and said you're gonna sick it doesn't matter if you take vitamins or not. The worst thing however, is that I went in because I've been having severe pain in my leg. He sent me for a blood test and then had the receptionist call me to say it was normal and if I was still in pain to go the ER. No follow up was done, no suggestion of what could be causing the pain in my leg, and I feel like he just wrote me off like I don't matter because I didn't have a kidney problem. Meanwhile my leg is still in excruciating pain and he made me feel like I'm faking and that there nothing I can do to alleviate the pain I'm in.
Dr. Mckenzie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Dr. Jason S Mckenzie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJason S Mckenzie Do, 480 E Prater Way, Sparks, NV
Dr. Jason S Mckenzie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparks, NV.