Dr. Jason Nielson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jason Nielson?

Fabulous

Posted on August 14th, 2012

I think that Dr. Nielson is one of the best doctors I have seen. I felt her did a wonderful job with his diagnoses and he treatment method. He was very caring and very nice. His assistant Jared is a pleasure to have in the room. I have no complaints about my service with him at Children's bone and spine.

wrong diagnosis

Posted on September 13th, 2010

Long story shot, Dr. Nielson dropped the ball big time with my son. At the time he was 4 yrs old complaining of knee pain, x-ray didn't show anything wrong, Dr. said its growing pains come back in 6 months. 2 months latter severe pain came back my son couldn't even walk, went back to Dr. Nielson, he said my son had very flat feet causing pain. I didn't think that sounded right. Went to other doctor for 2nd opinion and my son was diagnosed with a hip disease. He's had 2 hip surgeries and now is pain free. It was a very seriouse condition. Dr. Nielson should have been more thorough, he told me x-ray showed hip looks good, I said he had knee x-ray not hip, his response was "when they are little if they x-ray knee the hip can sometimes show up if they do it high enough", he said he had in his notes that thi hip looked fine so it must have been there. I didn't recall seeing the hip in the x-ray but didn't argue. When I took the x-ray to other doc., and we looked at it again there was not view of the hip. The other doc, siad little kids will say the knee hurts sometimes because they don't really know where pain is coming from and hip pain can radiate down the leg. So, Dr. Nielson was very nice, friendly and took his time, I really liked him but he droped the BALL big time. My son was in extreme pain and even I knew flat feet wouldn't cause that much pain. He also told me to keep him active in sports, and with his hip disease when they are in pain they're supposed to be off the leg.

Doctor & Assistant Fabulous

Posted on August 28th, 2009

The doctor's assistant, Jared, was excellent with my 6 yr old. The doctor was quick to come into the exam room and spent a far amount of time explaining and answering questions. Jared was great and funny when my daughter had to be casted. The worst part was being told to show up 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork and not getting the paperwork until 25 minutes after I had been then and then only because I went and asked for it. Otherwise, it was great.

Posted on July 15th, 2016