Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason Z Powers
Dr. Jason Z Powers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Addiction Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Powers is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Powers has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason Z Powers has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jason Z Powers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I highly recommend Dr. Jason Powers. I've struggled with opiates and if not for Dr. Powers, I would still be.
I have two family members who were admitted in the right steps rehab facility for opiate addiction. It was surely the "wrong step". Very disorganized, dirty, run by recovering addicts, and a poor excuse for a rehab doctor. What kind of doctor (Powers) continues to write scrips for suboxsome for more than a few days? My family members have been on suboxsome going on 3 years. Just another script doctor who continually writes scrips after a 5 minute visit who does not show genuine interest in his patient's care ---only their money!!! This place and doctor need to be shut down. Sad!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Powers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Memorial Hermann Hospital System
Dr. Jason Z Powers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Right Step Focused Recovery The Next Step, 902 W Alabama St, Houston, TX
Dr. Jason Z Powers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.