- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason Sicklick has 2 locations
3855 Health Sciences Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Book Online Now
Dr. Jason Sicklick has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Jason Sicklick has the following 1 expertise
- Pancreatic Cancer
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jason Sicklick - Posted on January 11th, 2015
An amazing and knowledgeable surgeon, who makes his patients feel at ease during a difficult diagnosis. He evokes trust, by his expertise as a surgeon. Care doesn't end after surgery, he continues to do follow up appointments that will answer questions that arise following a major surgery.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jason Sicklick - Posted on June 26th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Johns Hopkins University
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Jason Sicklick
Jason Sicklick, MD, is a general surgeon and surgical oncologist who specializes in treating hepatobiliary diseases and sarcomas, including gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). He has a special interest ...
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason Sicklick, FACS, MD - Surgical Oncology in La Jolla, CA, in this video.
Dr. Jason Sicklick is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.