Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jason P Stopyra has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Jason P Stopyra has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Jason P Stopyra is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I've never been one to go to the hospital or visit a doctor's office, but one day I had an ankle problem that wouldn't go away. I was assuming that after a week of it not getting any better, that it would be the worse case scenario and it would be broken. So I hobbled into Northern Hospital of Surry County to be treated. Once there, I found that the triage staff was very relaxed and easy going. While it took me a little over 30 minutes to be seen, I was taken away to one of the rooms to wait for the doctor. He came in, listened to what I had to say, and did a good, thorough evaluation of my situation and my complaint. He was nice, caring, and I felt like he was really there to help. While some of the nursing staff need to be a little more compassionate, the care I was given by him was excellent.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Jason P Stopyra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason P Stopyra in this video.
Dr. Jason P Stopyra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.