Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum
Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norton Shores, MI. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Van Ittersum is affiliated with Mercy General Health Partners, University Of Michigan Health System and St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My husband and I have had Dr. Van Ittersum as our dermatologist for several years, now. We have found his office to be efficient, staff well qualified and the doctor to be extremely competent and very thorough. He also has been very helpful with referral to excellent resources. We are particularly pleased that he spends enough time with us individually so we understand exactly what he is telling us and yet treats us as valuable human beings as well as his patients.
Chose Dr VanIttersum based on some quick research on web, and insurance acceptance. I live in Kalamazoo so I have to drive either 45min or 75min depending on which office I see him at. I believe him to be one of the finest health care professionals of any specialty I have been to. There are far too many reasons to name them all, but the work that he did with my skin cancer on my face was better than anything I had hoped for.
I also had to watch some promotional video on their practice/cosmetics b/s unbelievable. I sat 1 hour before I was seen! the doctors and staff had some sort of drug rep lunch during my appointment time! No one said sorry for being inconsiderate! Then they had the balls after that to try to sell me their products. Don't get me wrong Jason is a nice guy. But be careful they seem to be interested in their income rather than patient care.
Dr. Van Ittersum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2003
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLake Shore Dermatology Laser And Medical Spa, 6225 Prairie St, Norton Shores, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum in this video.
Dr. Jason B Van Ittersum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norton Shores, MI.