Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jatinder S Rana MD
Dr. Jatinder S Rana, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tiffin, OH, with other offices in Tiffin, OH and Tiffin, OH . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Jatinder S Rana has 3 locations
Tiffin Psychiatry Center Ltd
Tiffin, OH 44883
Dr. Jatinder S Rana has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jatinder S Rana has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Wretched office help
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jatinder S Rana - Posted on October 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jatinder S Rana - Posted on August 1st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jatinder S Rana - Posted on June 23rd, 2014
In my opinion stay away from this doctor--run and do not look back. The only "service" he provides is a lack of service. Something needs to be done about such poor physicians. Unfortunately, in rural areas it is a little hard since he is the only psychiatrist in town. In my opinion it is worth the drive to a larger city, I would not even waste 3 or 4 visits "trying" him out.
Friendly, but incompetent
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jatinder S Rana - Posted on May 15th, 2014
I think this is the first review I've written about anything, and Idk how many people this will reach, but I felt I had to share my experience. I began seeing Dr. Rana in late 2011/early 2012, shortly before moving to MA for a year. I've had maybe 10 office visits, at best, yet I've seen at least 3 inexcusable errors: 1. Dr. Rana mistakenly wrote me a prescription for the wrong meds 2. Dr. Rana mistakenly wrote me a prescription for the wrong meds AGAIN 3. Dr. Rana gave me a 7-day sample of a medication that can't be combined with another med I'm taking. I experienced a potentially life-threatening condition as a result. All of this is in addition to his less-than-professional office staff. It's a psychiatry office. One would hope the staff would be friendly, but it's definitely not. Then you have the overbooking of patients, leading to at least an hour wait at every appointment. Save yourself and go elsewhere.
36 Years Experience
Pt Bds Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1983
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Jatinder S Rana Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jatinder S Rana is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tiffin, OH.