Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Javed Rahmat
Dr. Javed Rahmat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rahmat is affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Javed Rahmat has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Rahmat is one of the kindest, most compassionate and most intelligent physicians I have ever known. He is very personable and I have always felt that he cares about me as a person. He takes time with me in an appointment to listen to my concerns and never disregards questions I might bring to him. I have the highest level of trust in his management of my care. During difficult times with my health, I have always felt reassured by his follow-up and direction. Thank you Dr. Rahmat!! He is a humble physician but he shouldn't be - he's one of the very best!
Dr. Rahmat and his staff are so kind and courteous. The purpose for my visit was to review test results as part of the kidney donor evaluation. Dr. Rahmat was patient in both explaining the test results and answering any questions I had. His overall concern for my well-being, as a donor and as an individual, was comforting and, his ordering of additional tests to re-evaluate some results is a testimony to his professionalism. I couldn't have chosen a better physician or been more pleased with the time he spent with me during the appointment.
Dr. Rahmat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital
Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center
Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring
Washington Hospital Center
40 Years Experience
Kabir Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Dc General Hospital
Dr. Javed Rahmat accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJaved Rahmat MD, 15613 Holly Grove Rd, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Javed Rahmat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.