Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Javeed B Ahmed
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, CA, with other offices in Lancaster, CA and Ridgecrest, CA . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Antelope Valley Hospital and Palmdale Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed has 3 locations
44835 Date Ave
Lancaster, CA 93534
1535 N China Lake Blvd Ste B
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Book Online Now
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed has the following 9 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Trouble scheduling appointments
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeed B Ahmed - Posted on January 4th, 2017
Love my Rheumatologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeed B Ahmed - Posted on March 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeed B Ahmed - Posted on August 4th, 2014
Dr. won't treat what he diagnosed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeed B Ahmed - Posted on February 12th, 2014
Dr. Ahmed made a diagnosis and prescribed medication. When it came time for a refill he refused to fill the prescription saying that I should make an appointment with my primary care physician to treat the arthritis that I went to Ahmed for. I guess he made the $$ from the initial visits and tests and then couldn't be bothered. Wish I had gone to someone else in the first place.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Javeed B Ahmed - Posted on February 2nd, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Javeed B Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.