Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Javeed S Syed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Javeed S Syed has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Javeed S Syed has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
First appointment. Nurse had me in exam room waiting for Dr. Syed almost immediately. Waited for him for 55 minutes. When he arrived he didn't say hello, explain why he was so tardy or introduce himself. Sat and began looking at computer and asking me medical history questions. At the conclusion of the questions he listened to my lungs. Three breaths total. Asked me if I was fasting and I replied (no) I wasn't told to fast. He ordered labs anyway and said it would be OK? Dismissed me in the same manner but did offer a cold limp hand shake. Poorest meet and greet and physical that I've ever had. Asked for another doctor to be assigned immediately.
I was Dr. Syed's patient for a couple of years (ca 2015-2017) Found him to be indifferent in manner, even at times rude. He clearly did not enjoy his work. His diagnoses for pretty much everything for me seemed to be that "You're just getting older." I transferred to another physician who listened to me, immediately made appropriate referrals and found that I needed major surgery ASAP. It was definitely my impression that Dr. Syed was just going through the motions. I wouldn't recommend this doctor.
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTallahassee VA Outpatient Clinic, 1607 Saint James Ct, Tallahassee, FL
Dr. Javeed S Syed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.