Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Javette Orgain
Dr. Javette Orgain, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Chicago, IL . She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Orgain is affiliated with University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago and Holy Rosary Healthcare. She speaks English.
Dr. Javette Orgain has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 4 of 9
I have seen the "soda tax" commercial on tv and how she is an advocate for it. Talking about our obese children and how the soda companies are targeting these children. Really? I think the fact that the children are obese sits squarely on the shoulders of the wimpy parents who have no idea how to raise a child. Taxing pop is not the answer...raising children to be parents that say "no" is the answer. Why are parents so lazy? Little Johnny or Suzie wouldn't be obese if parents said no to things like pop and got them out from in front of the tv and took their children out to play. The "soda tax" is just another way of trying to cover up the epidemic of lazy stupid parents. We don't need taxes on pop we need parents that give a crap. I have never met this doctor. This is not an attack on her personally at all. I just wanted my voice heard.
You are so concerned with the soda tax that you are not looking at the bigger picture! If you want to stop the kids getting soda the problem is not more taxes, the kids will buy it NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COST. What you need to do is take the vending machines OUT OF THE SCHOOLS. So what is next, higher taxes on junk food, that also is making our population fat! Stop taking money from the fat Washington cats and worry about the real issues.
Dr. Orgain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
Holy Rosary Healthcare
32 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Javette Orgain, MD, MPH - Family Medicine in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Javette Orgain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.