Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Javier J Canasi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Javier J Canasi has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Canasi is a very good internist. Very professional from the minute you walk into his office-the wait time is reasonably short, to the nurse taking your vitals and then waiting for Dr. Canasi to see you is on average 15 to 20 minutes. He is knowledgeable, professional, and is courteous. I highly recommend his services.
The last three visits to my previous doctor resulted in a minimum hour wait each time. After struggling to make an appointment with my former doctor and/or contact her office with questions for over a year - due to the "new & improved" automated system she implemented - I decided it was time to find a new doctor. I selected Dr. Canasi and I'm glad I did! His nurse and office staff are all very nice and efficient - I get a "real person" every time I call the office! I was in and out on my initial visit in less than 45 minutes, including a physical! Amazing!! The icing on the cake is that Dr. Canasi is professional, knowledgeable, efficient and NICE! I am so happy to have found my new doctor and highly recommend others looking for a new doctor to contact Dr. Canasi's office!
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He has horrible bed side manners and treats his patients with disrespect. He does not listen to patients and instead dismisses them making you feel like you're wasting his time. A complete waste of time and money. Please do yourselves a favor and find a doctor who will care about your health not your pocketbook.
Jersey City Medical Center
Dr. Javier J Canasi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Javier J Canasi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Beach Gardens, FL.