Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Javier A Placer
Dr. Javier A Placer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. His specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Placer is affiliated with South Lake Hospital, Heart Florida Regional Medical Center and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Placer has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Javier A Placer has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Javier A Placer has the following 13 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Back Pain
- Surgery Recovery
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
Dr. Javier A Placer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Dr. Placer is the most unprofessional doctors I have come across. His office will cancel appointments a couple of days before and just has no cares regarding people's health. He is rude and all he would like to do is pass out injections with out really trying to find out the problem. His wait times are long. I have sat in a room for over 15 minutes and he was talking to a woman that was not a patient.
Doesn't take vitals, I'm on several medications including a narcotic. Spends less then 8 minutes with me on average. Shows little care and first tried a medication that had interactions with every other med I was on. It caused burns on my body (Butrans pain patch). Never felt my muscles to see how badly the muscles were contracted.
This doctor is in a rush. Tells you what he thinks and that's that. I was referred to his office by a doctor whose experience I valued. After arriving at the surgery center I waited almost 2 hours. Dr Placer was late. After my procedure he disappeared. I wanted to know which steroid and the dosage he used in my facet joint injections but there was no record found. I requested the info from the nurse who called me from the surgery center the next day but she called me back and referred me to Dr Placer's office. All I was able to do was leave a message and I did, detailing exactly what I wanted to know. I've not received a call. A doctor who has not a moment to return calls will NOT have my money.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Placer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital Of Adult
Dr. Javier A Placer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpine And Scoliosis Center, 1131 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Javier A Placer in this video.
Dr. Javier A Placer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.