Is Dr. Jawad F Shaikh the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
1 Oxford Rd Ste 200
New Hartford, NY 13413
Book Online Now
Dr. Jawad F Shaikh has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jawad F Shaikh has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jawad F Shaikh is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
2 hour waits and charged to reschedule
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jawad F Shaikh - Posted on September 4th, 2018
About 7 months ago I went for a sinus infection. Dr Shaikh has had me coming for follow ups every month since then even though I have told him I have no reason to be coming in, I have no ailments. When I asked to cancel they told me it is against their policies and I could reschedule. When I missed an appointment they rescheduled against my knowledge and then charged me a rescheduling fee. Every appointment I have had to wait 2 hours to be seen. Absolutely terrible attitudes from the staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jawad F Shaikh - Posted on June 3rd, 2017
i have been a patient of Dr. Shaikh for very long time maybe 10 years. He is a great doctor and has a very nice smile. His wife is very nice also. He leaves no stone unturned and I have never been misdiagnosed.He has a lot of patients and it is sometimes a long wait but if you come to early for your appointment your going to have to wait longer. He is a busy man. I love My Doctor
Anybody but this one!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jawad F Shaikh - Posted on April 12th, 2015
I would not recommend this man to anyone. Both he and the office staff have no problem discussing you with others if your whole family goes there. He is thoughtless and dismissive of women in particular, and can't keep the same office staff due to this. His favorite tactic for young mothers is if you question his verdicts, he will threaten you with CPS if you so much as reject a flu shot. Furthermore, never tell him your personal problems. He loves dishing out antidepressants you don't need, with more pharmacy reps in there than patients. The only female PA he could keep is the one he is married to. We will never go to him again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jawad F Shaikh - Posted on February 2nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jawad F Shaikh - Posted on March 4th, 2014
31 Years Experience
Spartan Health Sciences University
Graduated in 1987
Western Reserve Care System
Dr. Jawad F Shaikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsADIRONDACK INTERNAL MEDICINE & PEDIATRICS, 1 Oxford Rd Ste 200, New Hartford, NY
Dr. Jawad F Shaikh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Hartford, NY.