Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Santa Monica, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sundaram is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center. Dr. Sundaram has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been told I could not receive some of my treatment by a doctor on staff at the office I have been going to for a few years now! This Doctor is new to the staff there! I don't get a fair response from her! She is very rude and hands off! I've always been treated very well by my other doctors I've been seeing since I've been there!
The Dr. is fine, but the staff is cold, unprofessional, and unorganized. They don't communicate well. After the Dr. left the room so the nurse could take a blood sample from me, the older nurse drew the blood sample and just said, "thats it," and left the room, not leaving any instruction or further information on what was to happen next. I thought the doctor and/or nurse was going to come back, but I sat for 15 minutes before realizing they were done with me.When I went to a pharmacy, I had to keep calling the Dr.'s office over and over to get them to fax the prescription! It turned out I was looking for the wrong medicine, which sounded similar to the correct medicine, but yet the staff had the Dr. sign the prescription for the wrong medicine? When I asked for an alternative to the expensive medicine on the prescription and wanted to hold for the doctor, the staff finally went to ask the doctor and discovered it was the wrong medicine to begin with. I don't understand how that could happen...I've been here several times, each time hoping it would be a better experience, but have been disappointed each time. I will look for a new doctor's office to visit!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sundaram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jawahar M Sundaram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.