Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jawed Nasim has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 10
This physician prefers to not ..."deal with upset family members.. because he has a reputation to uphold" direct quote. He actually refused to return phone call requests and told a nurse at Baptist East that she should ..."just have the hospitalist contact the patient's responsible party because he was not going to return requests for results and information". Our family member was a very ill patient with multiple issues & frankly this physician could have cared less. Do yourself a favor & seek another Infectious Disease Consult if you value good communications with your physician. His bedside manner is less than zero. This review is the opinion of a Registered Nurse with 23 years experience
The day after being released from the hospital, I had to call him about some problems I was having getting a prescription he wrote. He informed me:"It's not my problem. You are wasting my time. I have patients to see." When I asked if was ANYTHING he could do, he curtly answered "No" and hung up on me. He was also rude and curt with me when I was in the hospital. I wouldn't see him again if he was the only "doctor" in town.
27 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Jawed Nasim accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSuburban Medical Plaza, 3999 Dutchmans Ln Ste 1C, Louisville, KY
Dr. Jawed Nasim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.