Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay A Jackson
Dr. Jay A Jackson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center. Dr. Jackson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay A Jackson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jay A Jackson has the following 14 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Jay A Jackson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
GP referred me to Dr. Jackson for stress test in August. Sent referral info, told me doctor's office would call to set appt. Waited a week, no call, so I called them. Receptionist tells me I need to talk to a person who's "covering for another person" and hasn't gotten around to recent referrals therefore. But she cannot cover for the Appointment Clerk and check the computer to see if the referral info got there and I am on the books, so *I* should double check my MD sent referral info and, if so, wait a couple days more and I'll be called. Well, GP verifies she sent info. Six weeks later, still no call-back. Why - because I'm on Medicare? Because office unattended for some days and backlog just trashed? Does the doctor even know what his staff is doing with referrals? Does he care (especially since I'm "Not An "Established Patient", the latest pejorative term for "referral" in the medibusiness world, meaning the doctor has no legal liability - and, therefore, no moral responsibility?) Does it matter that I'm 70 and have a family heart history and some possible symptoms - obviously this point lost on somebody in the office. If he's too booked up, shouldn't his people refer me or my MD to someone else? Is this medical care, or just more managed care? This sort of unprofessional nonsense is so common - what will it take to end it? Where to find someone who doesn't buy into it? Whatever, there is Zero trustworthiness here.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jackson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Jay A Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsClinical Cardiovascular Associates, 9119 W 74th St Ste 350, Overland Park, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay A Jackson in this video.
Dr. Jay A Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.