Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay Amsterdam
Dr. Jay Amsterdam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Amsterdam is affiliated with Hospital of the University of PA, Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System and University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay Amsterdam has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Jay Amsterdam has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jay Amsterdam has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Jay Amsterdam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Amsterdam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hospital of the University of PA
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
39 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Jay Amsterdam Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jay Amsterdam's office for more information.
3535 Market St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 746-6700
3400 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA : (866) 301-4724
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay Amsterdam, MD - Psychiatry in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Jay Amsterdam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.