Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay B Herman has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I'm still a teenager and get kidney stones too big to pass on my own all the time. Dr. Herman has done everything he can to help me out. He truly knew what was going on and gave me a plan to help with my problem. He gave the right diagnosis right away and I would totally recommend him to anyone. The only bad thing was he is a little awkward but I can handle how awkward he is because he helped me out quickly.
I'm young and it was my first kidney stone. He didnt want to hear any questions i had. If he answered them at all, he answered in an arrogant way and that i shouldnt be asking so many questions. I had to go to ER after the procedure, and he complained that I called him to tell him I was going to ER.
Spoke to my attorney and i was not happy with my appointment and will be in touch through my attorney to Pennsylvania Medical Boards and will be speaking to them as well as the billing lady yelling and screaming at me. Doctor needs lisence taken away and the billing lady which is his right hand lady need both thier jobs taken away.
Dr. Herman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Jay B Herman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay B Herman in this video.
Dr. Jay B Herman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.