Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jay S Bender
Dr. Jay S Bender, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay S Bender has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jay S Bender has the following 16 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Jay S Bender has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay S Bender is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My knee surgery was a disaster. Constant pain. Dr Bender does not seem to believe me and tells me that it is distributed pain from L3. Since when does L3 cause swelling at the remote site? I think that the real problem is that he used a Zimmer knee replacement. These are the one of the cheapest and least reliable knee replacements on the market (according to my sources). I was never given an opportunity to select which knee replacement I was to be given. This would have helped. I have requested second opinions but no other doctors I have talked to will treat a Zimmer knee. So, I am stuck with Dr. Bender - who messed it up in the first place. I trusted him. Don't make the same mistake. You could wind up with no options too.
This "Doctor" should not have a license to practice orthopedic medicine. I broke my my humorous bone in two places in 2005. I not only snapped it half, but shattered a piece of bone that broke of in my bicep. I was able to get indigent care for my arm because I could not afford health care after losing my job. After hospitals turning me DOWN, as I was going into to shock because of the pain, a ER took me in. I was shaking, and in the worst pain ever. my arm was snapped and shattered. After a simple evaluation, they referred me to Jay Bender. Obviously my arm needed surgery yet he showed X-rays to me and my parents and asked "what would you do?" He basically talked me out of surgery and I listened. After that, I never even got a cast. It was splint and wrapping. Dr. Bender even one time physically tried to push my bone into place. I didn't know what was going to happen yet all of the sudden, 3 nurses were basically holding my body down while Dr. Bender and an assistant pushed my splint and broken arm into a "place". I remember crying so hard and staring in my mothers eyes and screaming stop!! After an intense and painful moment, Dr. Bender just left. A nurse wrapped my broken and shattered arm in a gauze and a splint. My arm never healed. I now have a softball sized callus on my arm. I can not use it and have constant pain all because of a doctor who treated me like garbage. NEVER GO TO JAY BENDER!!!! Especially if you do not have the the best medical care. He ruined my chance at a normal life and he scared me. Thats even worse.
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Palmetto Health Alliance
Dr. Jay S Bender accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsUcsf Infant Parent Program At San Francisco, 2550 23rd St, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay S Bender, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in San Francisco, CA, in this video.
Dr. Jay S Bender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.