Dr. Jay B Benson Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Jay B Benson?

NewHope

I have tried other addiction facilities throughout my struggle with recovery. I found most of them to be just a business. They give you Suboxone, charge you a ton of money and send you on your way. I have been seeing Doctor Benson and this is the longest stretch I have gone without using drugs. At Connecticut Addiction Medicine you have to go to all of your group therapy sessions. When I started going to group, I though that it was a huge waste of my time. At some point, I began listening to others. When we are in session Doctor Benson has us working as a group. If Doctor Benson is concerned with a certain behavioral pattern he asks the group our opinion. When I started opening up to others and listening to them, I was able to use my groups advise to help in my recovery. Doctor Benson fully understands what we are going through. I believe it is because of his understanding he is genuine in his compassion for us. Don't get me wrong, if you start failing on your urine samples, he will shake you up. There is a zero tolerance policy there. No drugs, no alcohol. If you fail three urines they help you to find a more intense program for you. I believe that I never needed an intense program. I just needed a facility that cared enough to keep tabs on me. Every week I am asked how my week went. Did I have any urges or cravings. If I did I get techniques to help me battle them. Because I am in group sessions I feel a responsibility to them to keep fighting. When it comes right down to it, I believe my success is due to Doctor Benson. When Doctor Benson was on vacation, I had to go to another Doctor in that group. I believe his last name started with an A. He was rude, curt, and dismissive. I felt like I was in a totally different facility. His demeanor was so off putting. You could tell we were just money and he had to deal with us low lives to get it. Doctor Benson is totally different. He is a true gentleman that genuinely cares about his patients. You can see the worry in his eyes when one of his patients in group starts falling back to drugs. He understands what is at risk. If you have the kind of addiction I have, we really don't live that long. We really need the help and support that is hard to find. Doctor Benson comes from the generation that went into Doctoring because they wanted to care for patients. Todays Doctors like the previous Doctor I mentioned with an A in his last name, only got into it for money. When I went to Doctor A, you could tell he was just miserable in his job and hated to deal with us low life junkies. Doctor Benson sees value in all of us "low lives". I believe Doctor Benson views us as good people who made a very bad decision and he is there to help. SO DONT GO TO DOCTOR A>>>MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR DOCTOR BENSON. It will be the best thing that you ever did for yourself. If you don't want to live each day like the last miserable day. If you are tired of never having any money, if you lost all of your friends, and your own family is scared that you are going to rob them...Go see him. He will change your life. He changed mine. I went from intensive care and almost death, to loving life again...THANK YOU DOCTOR BENSON. YOU MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND SUCH A POSSITIVE IMPACT IN MY LIFE.

Office Staff

Dr. Benson is a very professional, knowledgeable doctor. His office manager, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. She is rude, argumentive and unhelpful. I can't imagine why he keeps this woman on his staff.

This doctor is capable, considerate, professional and will take all the time needed to advise and instruct a patient. I just had my third colonoscopy with him (5 years until the next one) and have advised my wife to go to him also. Good man.