Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay Bonovitz
Dr. Jay Bonovitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Merion Station, PA and Bala Cynwyd, PA . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Bonovitz is affiliated with Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay Bonovitz has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I started seeing Dr. Bonovitz in the early 1980's. Thanks to GOD and Dr. Bonovitz and medication I am a healthy, happy, functional person!!! My disorder was severe!!! Dr. Bonovitz made himself available 24 hours for me. He is a very humble and kind doctor which is very rare. I will never be able to thank him enough. Thank You So Much Dr. Bonovitz!!!
Dr. Bonovitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
44 Years Experience
University of Cincinnati
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Jay Bonovitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay Bonovitz in this video.
Dr. Jay Bonovitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.