Dr. HJay J Boulas Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. HJay J Boulas?

Won't be back

I would not recommend a visit to this doctor. My appointment with him felt rushed and like he didn't want to hear what I had to ask. He was not gentle at all with my injury.

The first couple of visits went as expected for treatment of a broken wrist with the exception of Dr. Boulas talking about the incompetence of his office staff in setting appointments. He wanted me to take a specially mixed supplement from a pharmacy he uses out side of Houston. They charged it to my medicare provider @ $1500 per prescription (90 pills for a month) though I never received it. His office called and had it reversed but it was charged again to my medicare provider two more times. He suddenly decided I needed surgery and after the surgery I had problems with more pain than I had from the original break. Dr. Boulas was not interested about the pain I was in and suggested that if I got a pain rub from the same pharmacy I would improve. Of course insurance would not cover it, I paid for it and it did nothing for me. I have developed corporal tunnel after the surgery and have to wear a wrist brace most of the time. Dr. Boulas suggested he could do another 15 minute operation and correct the corporal tunnel. I did not think that was a solution I wanted to pursue.

Good experience so far

I saw Dr Boulas for a wrist problem that 2 other doctors thought was a ganglian cyst. He did not think so, and after x-rays and an MRI, confirmed that there was no cyst. He has been careful and methodical in his treatment plan, and we have taken each step carefully and with much discussion. I have been pleased with how his last option seems to be surgery, and we are trying several things in an attempt to avoid surgery. His office staff and assistant have been pleasant and helpful at every step and have answered all my questions. While is did prescribe a formulary cream for pain, my insurance covers all but a $10 co-pay and this cream has allowed me to get off Celebrex for the first time in 15 years. I have been very pleased thus far with my experience.

Best hand surgeon in Dallas

Daughter jammed her finger. Dr. Boulas promptly evaluate and treated. Would return and recommend!

Do NOT go see Dr. Boulas!

Worst care, misogynistic, rude, refuses to listen to you.

What a jerk

Before surgery ... polite & attentive. After surgery ... rude, sarcastic and terse.

Smashed my hand

Dr. Boulas set my broken hand and, in time, it healed. When the cast was removed and he went to take an xray, two of my fingers that had been bent in the cast for weeks were (of course) still bent. I guess he wanted them straight for the xray, so he smashed my hand flat on the xray table. There was a loud cracking noise from my hand and I had to put my head down and breathe because I almost passed out from pain. He just said "probably scar tissue" and did not apologize. As it turned out, my finger was probably broken either at the time of the initial injury (and not noticed/ treated) or else broken when he smashed my hand. My finger injury is now permanent and I will never be able to make a fist for the rest of my life. His prior treatments were invariably quite painful and, in hindsight, did not need to be this way. Yes, injuries hurt, but they can be treated much more sensitively.

Pervert

Went in for consultation of shoulder pain with my husband and was wearing a tank top. He said he was unable to inject me if I did not remove my shirt. When I asked him for a gown he said he had no gowns in his office and that it would be fine. I was so uncomfortable I could feel him looking directly at my breast. When I went home my shoulder became very painful after the injection I noticed severe bruising down to my biceps area . Went for a second opinion and did some physical therapy. Definitely would not recommend this doctor at all

Just out for bucks

Spent 5 minutes with me and called it a surgical consultation. Ended up getting a bill for $600 out of pocket that insurance wouldn't pay. Tried to get him to change the billing code to something covered by my insurance but he refused. Will be complaining to the medical boards on this joker. Just wants to collect $$$. My hand healed on its own, no thanks to him.

Unnecessary surgery

This guy just want you to give him your money and shut up, He operated on me after leading me to believe he was going to perform another less invasive procedure (he never said so, just stuck me in a room alone with a piece of paper saying first you try the less invasive, then surgery as a last option; I naturally assumed if the less invasive didn't work, I'd be asked if I wanted to do the more invasive surgery. Foolish me, he didn't ask). At the clinic, I kept telling the nurses (never daw the doctor before surgery) that they seemed to be making a lot of fuss for a little thing and they said they heard that all the time. i kept describing my procedure to the nurses because I didn't understand the medical terminology on the consent firm. The nurse said that was what it meant so I signed. Then imagine my surprise when he didn't even attempt the less invasive procedure, he just went straight for the knife. In the recovery room I confronted him and he said the less invasive procedure wasn't an option for me. Why didn't he tell me that before? Why operate on someone who isn't in pain and only mildly annoyed with something? I never would have signed a consent if I'd known what he was going to do! Why would be avoid me pre-surgery? Why do the surgery at all? Probably because I have such good insurance and the nurses said he had only one other surgery that day. You cannot trust him. If you question him he puts you down. He's so happy when he gets to operate though. I think he loves operating so just won't consider anything less. My hand didn't hurt before. Now it does.

He absolutely did seem to care about his patients. I had problems with him, though, nevertheless. I always walked out of his office feeling a little sad and put down. Even two days after hand surgery, his main focus seemed to be that I might become dependent on painkillers. He didn't keep me comfortable while I was healing. I was surprised that he was so focused on drug dependency, as I had never even had a drink or smoked a cigarette in my whole life. He called me "darling" and I felt like he did not respect my ability to give him accurate information about how I was feeling. Months later, when my therapy time was ending, I tried to give him input again, and he did not give that information credibility either.

Likes to schedule surgery quickly

I had a problem with trigger finder. After having a round of steroid shots, I was told I needed to have surgery. There was a cancellation the next day. Without looking at my chart, I am on blood thinners and need to be off of them for a number of days before surgery, Dr. Boulas wanted to perform the surgery immediately. He was going to cut through all five fingers. Luckily I got a second opinion. No surgery needed at this time. In time, if needed, only one or two fingers would require surgery, without rehab. Please get a second opinon before having surgery as Dr. Boulas will recommend.