Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay S Danowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Danowitz was callous, dismissive and condescending. I was stunned. In the very few minutes he allowed me, I mentioned that I have been plagued recently by severe, violent suicide ideation. He chuckled, asked if I'd like to see a behaviorist at some point then said I didn't have to if I didn't want to. He then opened the door, pointed me in the direction of the lab, (where I was going to have blood drawn for all of the tests I had asked him to order,) and he walked away. Astounding, really. If possible, I would not even have given him one star. I never do these ratings, but this was such an awful experience, I feel compelled to warn others away.
I've never felt quite as dismissed by a health care provider. I am generally healthy, don't like going to the doctor and don't go very often so when I do it's because it's serious enough to warrant a visit. I felt dismissed and judged. I've never left a negative review of anyone but I'm prompted to do so because I think this man should not be working with patients unless he gets some lessons in how to treat people. We don't live in an age where e a physician can assume that the people he sees are ignorant and condescend to them. Even if you spend 5 minutes with someone if your basic paradigm is one of respect that person will feel it.
This doctor double books patients then cancels when he gets busy. he will only spend 5-10 minutes with you. he is excepting new patients but it very hard to get an appointment to see him. will not work with you and he will make you come in multipule times for really no reason to charge your Ins.co you at a high inconvience to anyone that works or hard to get around.
34 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jay S Danowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay S Danowitz in this video.
Dr. Jay S Danowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, MA.