Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay P Diliberto
Dr. Jay P Diliberto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntington Beach, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Diliberto is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Diliberto has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay P Diliberto has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 86
Dr. Diliberto has helped me solve a long standing problem caused by some intestinal surgery. He persisted in trying different methodology to resolve my problems until we found a permanent solution. He goes above and beyond to make sure his patients are made well. I trust him and have recommended him to my friends and family.
In 2007 I was diagnosed with a rare disease called primary biliary cerosis of the liver PBC by DR Diliberto after 1 week in the hospital. He walked in and gave me one of the nicest compliment I have ever received. He smiled was kind patient and reassuring to me. The following five years he took very good care of me with the proper tests to monitor my desease Unfortunately my insurance changed and I have gone to another wonderful Doctor in the HB. I am now able to return to DR Diliberto and am very happy I made my appointment in a month. I called several other dr and the wait time was 2 months so 1 month is nothing. I can hardly wait to see my old Dr. Who I was very very happy with! ð
Dr. Diliberto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Jay P Diliberto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAvalon Medical Center, 18800 Delaware St Ste 850, Huntington Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay P Diliberto in this video.
Dr. Jay P Diliberto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.