Dr. Jay E Doostan Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jay E Doostan?

The Worse Doctor

I went to him couple of days ago for the first time. I should have read the previous review about him. It’s true. He is an old angry man. I would not even go as far as calling him a doctor. They don’t turn on the A.C. in order for the office to save some money. The girls that are running the office were ok. The doctor has a bad attitude. I guess has does not need new patient. Lessen to all the people and don’t go to this guy. He is bad!!!!!!!!!!

HORRIBLE!!

Awful all around. Cleaniness awful. Doctor awful. Receptionist Awful. Nurse Awful. Care and level of professionalism AWFUL.

Not sure where all the bad reviews are coming from...Dr. Doostan has been my PCP for over ten years. He is a very friendly, caring and even funny man. My wife also enjoys his professional, yet personal attention. If there are any things to improve, it would be the service from his receptionist. He has had several over the years and they might be the cause of some of the criticisms on this site. The only other thing would be his hours. He does seem to arrive late and leave early, but within that window, I have never had any troubles getting a same-day appointment and the wait time is seldom more than 5 minutes. It is a small operation - just him and an assistant/receptionist - but if you want fairly quick service and a friendly doctor, Jay is your man.

Mean, rude, yelled at me and said, "You are not a doctor so stop talking and I will tell you what is what is wrong with you! when I was telling him my symptoms.Bad listener..don't go to this man.

Worst Doctor Ever

When my chest was hurting one night, his service refused to put me through, or even take a message, telling me to go to ER. The next morning I called the office and asked for DR to call me. At 2PM finally went to ER, Dr. called me at 3pm. After $5,000 at the ER, found I had a virus. He never called again to see how I was. He should be barred from practicing medicine.

RUDE EVIL DOCTOR

I was a new patient and when I got there he said he was rushing and had to leave. I thought he was joking but he said no i'm leaving then he said fine fill this paper out as I was speed writing he said just come in and you can fill it out after I leave. While trying to tell him what my symptoms were the assistant came in and said my insurance card had the wrong effective date, I had a letter from the insurance company with the right date but he said "NO" you have to leave i don't care about your letter and I'm not calling to check. When I told him i was going to file a report he said go ahead he did not care He was really rude!!! Doctors are suppose to care and he could care less if you are dying

horrible experience, never go back

I was referred by a DR at Cedars and had new insurance. I needed a referral for a cardiogolist for a serious heart condition and the Dr started to become argumentative with me and the Dr that referred me over the phone? After He was done and said he was 100% correct he said I'm done , I have other patients, without checking my heart, b/p, pulse , nothing whatsoever. I demanded he ck me out. His assistance fixed the referral problem thirty minutes on the phone w/cedars and he was 100% WRONG. don't go and see this Dr, I'm not going back

Recommended doctor

A very nice man. I was referred to him so I could get "tuned up" before getting surgery with (Dr. Dunkleman at Cedars Sinai), and I'm going to continue seeing him regularly as my MD. (He came in earlier than his staff to see me, so I didn't meet her yet, but she was accomodating on the phone.)

Caring Doc

When my insurance changed to Blue Cross in 2003, I was referred by a friend to this doctor, who is located walking distance from me. (I used to have Kaiser through my work, but changed jobs.) I've found him to be very nice and patient, and willing to answer all my questions, so I've continued to see Jay, and my wife has been happy with him as well. When I ran out of my inhalers and lisinopril last month, I was able to reach Jay through his answering service (on a weekend) and he called in my prescriptions. He also called me 2 days later to make sure things were OK. I've referred him to others as well. Thanks!

Dr. Jay E Doostan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Hollywood, CA.