The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Jay Doucet
Jay Doucet, MD,, FRCSC,, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA (and 2 other locations). He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Trauma Surgery and General Surgery. Jay Doucet is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest and UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest.
Jay Doucet has the following 2 specialties
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Jay Doucet is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Doucet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
29 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucsd Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Jay Doucet, MD,, FRCSC,, FACS - Trauma Surgery in La Jolla, CA, in this video.
Jay Doucet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.