Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay F Baker
Dr. Jay F Baker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boca Raton, FL, with other offices in Boca Raton, FL and Boynton Beach, FL . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Baker is affiliated with Delray Medical Center. Dr. Baker has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay F Baker has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 16
At my first visit with Dr. Baker I was 30 and pregnant, in my second trimester, and just discharged from the hospital. He took one look at me, hesitated for a minute because I was not his usual patient, walked into the room with a smile and sat down next to me and said let's start from the beginning. Twenty four years later and an av node ablation and 2 different pacemakers later he still walks into the room with a smile on his face, sits down next to me and asks me how I'm doing. Only difference 24 years later is that he doesn't hesitate when he walks in the room. He's confident, personable and compationate and an intelligent cardioligist who cares about his patients.
Dr. Baker is personable, knowledgeable and really takes time to listen. He is calm in his assessments and isn't prone to hysteria or unnecessary tests but does cover all the bases. He has set me on the right track for my meds and I am very happy to have him as my cardiologist and would recommend him to others.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Baker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Jay F Baker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay F Baker in this video.
Dr. Jay F Baker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boca Raton, FL.