Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jay M Griffith has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jay M Griffith has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Migraine Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 2 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jay M Griffith - Posted on February 4th, 2017
I am a retired healthcare professional. That being said, a good bedside manner is essential. I had my first visit last week and it was my last. Never have I met a Doctor so detached, so emotionally distant, rigid, and rude. This Doctor would be the last person I would turn to if I were in a crisis. I simply went in to resume medications I had been taking for years without incident after coming back to the area after a 25 year absence. Frontier Health will be hearing from me as will a new Doctor.
This Guy Can Help
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jay M Griffith - Posted on September 15th, 2011
32 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Jay M Griffith accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCHARLOTTE TAYLOR CENTER, 426 E G St, Elizabethton, TN
Dr. Jay M Griffith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elizabethton, TN.