Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay M Kalan
Dr. Jay M Kalan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hilton Head Island, SC. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kalan is affiliated with Coastal Carolina Hospital and Hilton Head Regional Medical Center. Dr. Kalan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay M Kalan has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jay M Kalan has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Stress Testing
Dr. Jay M Kalan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay M Kalan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Kalan has been my doctor for 17 years. So happy I have him and can tell you he is the BEST! Very caring doctor and always pleasant.
If you have a heart condition or problem and you live in the area of Hilton Head Island, Jay Kalan, MD is the best cardio in terms of a quick thinking, accurate diagnosis and the proper treatment. His personality's a little rough but don't let that get in the way, especially if your life depends on it! Jay's your man. His partners are good, too.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Kalan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Jay M Kalan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSavannah Cardiology, 8 Hospital Center Blvd Ste 130, Hilton Head Island, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay M Kalan in this video.
Dr. Jay M Kalan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilton Head Island, SC.