Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay Kolls
Dr. Jay Kolls, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Sewickley, PA . He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kolls is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc and Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay Kolls has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jay Kolls has the following 3 expertise
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Lung Diseases
Dr. Jay Kolls is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Although Dr.Kolls treated me 19 years ago, we both still keep in touch. A very nice and caring doctor. Although he doesn't treat me as because I am an adult and he is no longer in New Orleas,La , I know that I can always ask him for help and opinion. He will not hesistate to respond back to me as if i am still his patient.
Dr Jay Kennedy Kiools is one of the utmost experts in the field of Pediatric Pulmonology. He saved my premature daughter's life, and took over her care in the NICU of Children's Hospital of N.O., when no one else seemed to know what to do. She was a complicated case, but he managed to stabilize her, and ween her from a seven month ventilation therapy. Because of his expert diagnostic skills he also diagnosed an allergic reaction she had to a seizure medication, by just looking at her. He saved her life that time also, some four years later. I was sad to see him leave the New Orleans area. My daughter will be fifteen years old on Easter Sunday, and thanks to him,and God, she is a healthy, normal freshman in high school. God placed him in our lives for a reason, and we are thankful . If you need a pediatric pulmonologist, he is the one!
Dr. Kolls is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
28 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jay Kolls is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.