Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay R Kostman
Dr. Jay R Kostman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Kostman is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Kostman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay R Kostman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 13
Jay Kostman humbley saves lives and comforts his pataiants to heal them from the fear and suffering that AIDS brings. I trust this man ...with my life. If your looking for a loving HIV doc and a caring friend -he's the guy The Philadelphia HIV family Loves J Kostman .....lots :) We are very proud of his great success. He keeps us alive !!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2013, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kostman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Temple University Health System
Dr. Jay R Kostman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jay R Kostman in this video.
Dr. Jay R Kostman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.