Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay L Koyner has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jay L Koyner has the following 10 expertise
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Jay L Koyner has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay L Koyner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
DR. KOYNER IS AN EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR, IT HAS BEEN YEARS THAT I HAVE MET A DOCTOR WHO TREATS THEIR PATIENT WITH SUCH CARE AND CONCERN ABOUT THEIR HEALTH CARE. DR KOYNER IS THE ONLY DOCTOR WHO CALLS WITH RESULTS ON EVERY TEST THAT HE GIVES A PATIENT. GOD AND DR. KOYNER SAVED MY DEAR HUSBAND LIFE. I WILL ALWAYS BE ENTERNALY GRATEFUL TO HIM FOR TREATING MY HUSBAND AS A HUMAN BEING. MOST DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS NOWDAYS TREAT PATIENTS AS A MARKETING , IF AND WHEN I NEED A DOCTOR FOR MY HEALTH CARE IT WILL BE THIS HOSPITAL AND THE DOCTORS AT THIS FACILITY, I HAVE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO THIS FACILITY.
17 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jay L Koyner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Chicago Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Jay L Koyner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.