Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jay D Kuris has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jay D Kuris has the following 22 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Sex Therapy
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Jay D Kuris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jay D Kuris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 9
I saw Dr. Jay Kuris for a number of years ranging from 2007 to 2011. I trusted him very much with his calm gentle demeanor and his reassurances. However, my view began to change when I would go in for an appointment and he would ask me, "What do you want? I can give you anything you want (drug-wise)." I still mistakenly stayed with him until June of 2011. I had a complete mental breakdown from Dr. Kuris' over medicating me. I was on 4 gr. of Xanax a day. every time I saw him, he put me on something different til I was living in a haze of psychiatric medications. I went to the Hunterdon Medical Center Emergency Room...later transferred to Carrier Clinic for too many medications in my system, especially Xanax. He never contacted the Clinic or me to see how I was doing. I sent many friends to him and after I apologized to them for having done this, they told me they had very similar experiences. He should lose his license to practice medicine, all he is is a drug dealer. He only takes cash and checks, allowing him to fly below the radar of governmental checks. He is a criminal, a liar. Please, anyone who goes into his care, find a better, saner, truly helpful psychiatrist. don't waste your time on this conman.
49 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Maimonides Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDoctor Kuris Counseling Center, 28 Mine St, Flemington, NJ
Dr. Jay D Kuris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flemington, NJ.