Dr. Jay A Lorah Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay A Lorah?

Constantly on the move.

So now he's in Rhode Island. He bolted from New York to Kentucky. In NY he left without notice leaving many searching for there medical records. Other reviews on other site indicate similar problems for his former patients in KY. Perhaps he should just be a "house doctor" at a hospital so when he splits for any other state on his bucket list people won't miss him.

Sham DR who leaves town and medical records vanish

Dr Jay Lorah should be ashamed of himself. He is an unethical doctor who deserves to have his medical license revoked permanently. He was the family doctor in Rockland County NY for many people. In 2013 he left town without a word, and left hundreds of patients without access to their medical records. Many tried to contact his new office in KY to have their medical records sent to a new doctor, without any response or compliance from Dr. Lorah or his staff. It is disgusting that he would leave so many patients without access to their medical records, and ILLEGAL. Shame on you Dr. Lorah. I do not recommend ANY prospective patient see this man.

Medical Records

Any professional is taught that records are crucial. That being said, holding patients medical records and returning them to their rightful owners is very much a part of the job! My medical records were not returned to me after countless requests so I feel for those who needed them more than I did. A professional doctor does not leave "former patients" behind and ignore requests for records regardless of "stuff" that happened as some have described. Obviously Dr. Lorah has relocated and has continued his practice elsewhere. This tells me he is should be able to do right by his former patients. Unfortunately he has chosen not to. He had an obligation to his "former patients" that he most definitely did not fulfill. No one is saying that he is a bad person. However he most definitely was negligent. The fact also that my records are floating around somewhere is not comforting. This is the reason for my dissatisfied review.

Mother

Amazing listener, logical, thorough, insightful, very perceptive, knowledgeable...in short exceptionally skilled. God bless and multiply his time so he may give to others as he has given me and my family .

Only Dr who seems to listen.

So far I have been a patient of his for a year and he is a good man who actually seems to care he has no problem listening I hope he sticks around.

Awesome Doctor

He listen to his patients. He take the time to find out the problem, not just put a band aid on it and rush you out.. REFRESHING.. With the horrible remarks made by new York People.. I understand why he might want to have left.. Office staff is wonderful, friendly, and very welcoming.. Highly recommend his and his staff.

need my records

Nothing negative to say about dr. Lorah, except, I would lIke a response to my request I sent as per his instructions for my medical records. I need my years of medical records and my wife's. We sent a letter as per. The instructions, that was almost 6 months ago.

Nothing negative to say about Dr. Lorah. I just need our medical records. No one will see my daughter without them. She needs her 3rd hpv vaccine time is running out cause they have to be given within a time frame. I also need my records! Please!!!!

The OFFICE IS OPEN!!!!

I used to goto Dr. Jay Lorah’s office in pearl river. A few months ago, it was frustrating going by the office to see that it wasn’t open anymore. I had no clue what I was supposed to do to get my medical documents. Just went by the office last week and the office is open! & completely remodeled! Looks fantastic! There is a new physician there (Dr. Noble Jacob) who is extremely friendly and welcoming. Apparently he was born and raised in Rockland county and plans on staying! He spent time with me asking me about my history and getting to know me better. My visit was also very educational. I recommend those that got lost in this whole mess with their medical care to head back to that office. They have nothing to do w Dr. Jay Lorah but will do everything they can to acquire your medical documents.

Very disappointed

As I have stated in my previous review about Dr. Jay Lorah, I really loved him as my doctor. He is fair, honest, and nice. The only issue that I have is that I desperately needed a refill of medication that I have been on 10+ years. It is the type of medication where if you stop it, it is NOT good. It causes HIGH blood pressure (which mine was 150/102 from the withdrawl effect). In an emergency, my husband called a physician that he recently started to see to see if they could fit me in so I could get this refill since after three weeks of leaving messages plus a fax today, Dr. Lorah would not call in the script so I can get by for a month to find a new doctor. I am so disappointed that he could not have anyone from his new office call me to tell me that he won't call in the Rx or tell me why he won't. No communication at all. I even sent a direct fax to the new practice begging for him to call in one last Rx. NOTHING. Dr. Lorah, I really liked and respected you but you definitely let me down so much the past three weeks. I wish you could have just told me that you could not do it or something. I got nothing. I did not know you moved at all. You were my favorite doctor. All I wanted was one month to find a new doctor in my area. You know that this drug has horrible withdraw effects that included high blood pressure. I am very fortunate that my husband's doctor was able to squeeze me in today. I could have been in the ER tonight. Now, I am feeling so much better after getting my Rx filled. I understand that things happen in everyone's life but even my new doctor is shocked that you could not even just call me to tell me that you won't refill my script. I wish you all of the happiness in the world. I know you had a premature baby in the NICU. I have two babies in the NICU myself so it is tough and scary. Your former patients needed you and feel very abandoned. That is not good business.

Great Doctor

I really liked seeing Dr. Jay Lorah in Pearl River, NY. I used to live in Nanuet, I continued to see Dr. Lorah for years even after moving to Connecticut. He was worth the drive. I wish I lived in Kentucky since I would continue to see him. He has been very understanding about insurance issues and needs. I am shocked that he left without notice; however, after reading his responses it was not something he wanted to do or planned to do so I understand. I hope you can spend the time with his family.

LET'S RETHINK THIS

I know former patients are upset, angry and disappointed but please try to be fair. "Stuff" happens and it appears that Dr.Lorah got caught up in a really bad "stuff" storm. I found out quite by accident and was a little taken aback. But to say he is a bad doctor who didn't care about his patients is patently unfair and untrue. One of the best memories my husband had, during the last months of his life , was the time he spent talking with Dr.Lorah about life style philosophy. He had been a patient for a very short time and was under the direct care of an oncologist but Dr.Lorah was always there. I was a patient long before my husband was and, even though at times I found the office staff exasperating, Dr. Lorah was ALWAYS available. For a comment to be made about his children driving him crazy is irrelevant, unkind and untrue. Haters love to hate anything they don't understand and for a Dr to put his love of family and a simpler way of life before his professional gains is difficult for many people to wrap their minds around. Many of us will miss him but life goes on and I wish him , Mrs.Lorah and all the kids nothing but good things.

Dr. Jay A Lorah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, NH.