Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jay H Mead has the following 2 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Preventive Medicine
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Women's Health
- Tissue Biopsy
- Fluid Testing
- Blood Testing
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have found Dr. Jay Mead to be entirely kind, accurate, professional. I especially appreciate his intellectual integrity, a quality I find wanting in most md's I have depended on.If people get the time they need, how can they be upset with someone else perhaps needing more time?Another doctor was consistently late. I called in an hour ahead of my appointment and the receptionist was kind enough to advise me how long my wait would be. I used my time wisely.I would rather wait for Dr. Mead than suffer the quackism for those whose intellectual integrity is set blindly on the work of the pharms and FDA.
46 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Letterman Army Medical Center
Dr. Jay H Mead accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJay Harvey Mead Md, 619 Madison St Ste 100, Oregon City, OR
Dr. Jay H Mead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oregon City, OR.